Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Mom and Dad, you'll appreciate this!

Kenny and I had just finished watching last weeks 'Lost', we have a goal to watch a recorded show no later than the day before the next new one airs, that way we don't get too behind. Anyhoo, we heard a door open quickly and little feet come running down the stairs. Sarah Kate was standing at the first landing with her blanket. She said "Dad, here's another one" holding up her blanket. Kenny said "What? Another what?" Sarah said, "Another blanket, for your games." Of course, what were we thinking! By this time I had figured out what was going on, the complete lack of sense explained it all, but Kenny asked her what she was talking about. She just stood there with a look of confusion on her face. It was quite entertaining.

When I was little I was the queen of sleepwalking. On a trip to Lake Powell once my parents caught my cousin Daniel and I conversing in our sleep trying help each other find the bathroom. We had one of those rooms connected with a door and apparently we managed to combine our sleepwalking dreams together. A different time I even took a shower, fully clothed, in the middle of the night trying to wash the makeup out of my hair. Let me tell you, that's not a fun way to wake up from a dream. It's nice to know I can at least pass something on to my children.

Sarah was really lost when she came to and was confused as to why she was on the stairs. We hugged her and talked a little bit about what a weird feeling it is to wake up from a dream that seemed so real, only it wasn't. Kenny then took her back up to her bed. She's talked a little in her sleep before, but never walked. It was cute, but I must say that I hope she's not plagued with this for too long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you almost walked off the top of a house boat at Lake Powell, You were sleeping between me and your dad (cause we knew you'd be walking). Your dad caught you just as you were about to hit the steps

Justin and Coralie said...

My little sister, Perry, does the same thing. She almost walked out the front door when she was about 6. The joys of sleepwalking. :)