Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Easter

Well, another Easter has come and gone. Even though we had a great Easter I didn't get to do all that I wanted to. I'm sure my kids won't look back on their childhood and feel deprived or anything, I just had more planned than we had time to do. The kids woke up in the morning to find that the Easter Bunny had brought them Easter Eggs filled with candy and some small outdoor toys like a catch game (for Ben), gardening tools (for Sarah), and sand toys (for Hannah). Gracie was the only one without an outdoor toy. She got a little stuffed lamb that she can chew on. We had a little miny Easter Egg hunt around the living room. This time Hannah knew what to do, but she also knew that the eggs were full of stuff so she didn't find many. She was too busy opening them up and eating what was inside.

Gracie with her lamb.

After our Easter Bunny morning, it was time to get ready for church. I decided to buy Easter clothes this year and found a nice shirt for Ben and three cute little flowery dresses for the girls. I originally wanted all three girls to have the same dress, but I couldn't find one in Gracie's size. Luckily I found one that was close enough. Mommy, Sarah, and Hannah all had matching hair and everyone looked so cute for church. I had these images of a cute picture of all my kids looking so nice in their Easter clothes. I should have been smart and taken the picture before church, but I didn't and when we got home, no one was cooperating and Hannah's hair was falling out. I managed to get individual pictures of the kids being goofy and in Hannah's case a complete stinker. Still the clothes were cute. Maybe we'll recreate Easter next Sunday for a picture.






I'm looking forward to the time when I can go to church and listen and learn again. I realize I'm still a long way's away from this, but I can still dream. Ben managed to learn a little in sunbeam, however. When I went to pick him up he told me that he wasn't going to stay dead forever because of Jesus. He was very happy to have that knowledge. I'm sure he doesn't understand fully the story of Easter, but he knows he gets to come back alive and I think the lessons on heaven and family that we've had may make a little more sense now. It's nice when something finally sticks.

That night we had a nice dinner of ham, funeral potatoes (I know a weird thing for Easter Sunday, but I just love those potatoes) and deviled eggs (a must on Easter) Right before dinner the kids got to color eggs. Though we had wanted to color them on a day other than Easter, I was determined not to color them after Easter like we did last year. Because we didn't get to them on Saturday, it left Easter Sunday. I was a nice activity to keep the kids entertained while I tried to cook dinner.

Hannah had fun dying her eggs and then cracking them open, peeling them, and then dying the inside. That way you get twice as many eggs then you were given. Sarah Kate was very particular with her eggs this year. I can see her growing up in the things that she does. She softly put them in the dye and was careful which colors matched with which colors and was very much into using the little egg holder spoon thingy that comes with the eggs.


BenBen was very quick. He put each of his 10 of his eggs in a different color and told me he was done. I had to show him that you can use more than one color and that you need to turn the egg to color all the sides. He really liked writing on the egg with the invisible crayon and watching his name appear.

No comments: