Saturday, March 22, 2008

Banana's Birthday

Daddy with the two sleepy little girls.

I hope no ones getting sick of reading my birthday blogs. If so, know that this is the last birthday blog you'll have to read until October (that is unless I have a write up about my birthday, but don't count on it. We're pretty birthday'd out.) Hannah Banana turned 2 on Sunday March 16th. It was a glorious day if I do say so myself. Being that it was a Sunday, we couldn't very well take her out to dinner on her birthday, so we took her to Chick-Fil-A the night before. She didn't really choose it, but with it being one of the only places in town with a playland and decided that she'd probably enjoy it, and we were right. She had a ball playing with Ben and Sarah and waving at Mom and Dad.

Hannah opening her first present.


Her actual birthday went the same as most Sunday's. Get up, get the kids ready for church, go to church, come home, eat lunch, take naps. This is were I normally get a little nap, but not today. I was, yes, finishing the cake and wrapping presents. Luckily it was a bright and sunny day which helped me not miss my nap as much. Hannah had been extra grumpy that day and when she woke up from her nap the grumpiness showed even more. Hannah, Grace, and I have been rotating through a cold for about a month now. When one gets over it another gets it and the cycle just keeps going. I could tell it was Hannah's turn for the cold and she just wasn't feeling herself. Ben and Sarah were so disappointed when Hannah woke up from naps and didn't want to do anything but sit on Daddy's lap and whine. Luckily while sitting she looked over and saw a hidden present and that helped move things along.

Blowing bubbles!


Hannah's birthday centered around bubbles and sand. She got some bubbles (she absolutely loves bubbles) from Gracie, a big purple ball from Sarah, a Baby Einstein movie and animal book from Ben, and some miny cars from Mom and Dad. With all those toys all she wanted to do was play with the bubble and that's all she's really wanted to do since. Hey, I'm all for it. Bubbles are super cheap.

Popping Sarah's bubbles!


After we had had enough bubbles we moved to the kitchen where she discovered her sand and water toy that Kenny and I gave her. As I said earlier, it was nice and sunny outside, but that didn't mean it was warm or that the wind wasn't blowing. Because of this we had to bring the toy inside in order to let the kids play with it. They had a blast! Hannah loves sand and when Daddy added water to it the sand began to mold. There was sand everywhere, there were also smiles everywhere.

Playing with Ben in the 'green' sand!

All in all I think it was a great 2 year old birthday. Despite her sickness, runny nose and slight grumpiness Hannah managed to have fun and that's all that really matters.

Daddy added water and everyone's making castles.

No comments: