Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Little Sugar Snitch

Gracie LOVES sweets. She loves snacks and anything with sugar. I constantly catch her sneaking in the pantry and grabbing any form of snack or sugar she can find. On this particular day I had made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. Everyone was done eating except for Gracie when I decided to put the little boys down for their nap. I left Gracie in the kitchen by herself to finish her lunch. When I walked back in the kitchen from putting the boys down this is what I found:

She'd gotten the strawberry jam off the counter (I hadn't put it away yet) and the knife I used to make the sandwiches and she helped herself. I was able to snap this picture before she noticed I was watching her.

Then she saw me and knew she was caught. I'd talked to her before about not eating jam out of the jar and she knew she was doing something she wasn't suppose to be doing.

But she didn't care.

This sort of thing has been popping up all the time with Gracie. I was outside doing yard work one day just in front of the boys window so I could listen to them while they were sleeping. I heard them wake up and a few minutes later I could hear Gracie in their room with them. She was suppose to be outside playing, but she had snuck inside and, I guess, had heard the boys so she went to see them. I figured I had a few minutes to finish up the section of weeds I'd been working on and about 5 minutes later when I went to get the boys I found Grace sitting in their room eating from a sippy cup full of sugar she had helped herself to. What a little sneaky nerd. I've got to keep a close eye on her.

No comments: