Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Easter At The Park


I had this great Easter meal planned for after church on Sunday. I was going to spend way too much time in the kitchen making way to much food that we would never finish and we were going to spend a normal quite Easter at home. Well, the weather changed all that. You see, it was late April in Idaho and the weather had been pretty nasty for awhile, very unspringlike. So Easter Sunday came and all of a sudden the weather was beautiful, well beautiful for late April anyway. We made a decision. We decided to forgo the traditional, too much food Easter dinner, and we packed sandwich stuff and headed to the park for a picnic and a fun afternoon of much needed family time in the great outdoors. It was a lot of fun and just what our family needed. Be warned, there are A Lot of pictures. I couldn't choose which one to leave out so you get them all.

Adam was happy to just hang out watching everyone. He's a great baby #6.

The girls started out by playing in the sand.


Sarah found a friend, as always.

Ben was having fun walking down the slide. Here he is at the top.

And the bottom. Way to go Ben.

After you get down you have to climb back up.

Gracie trying to talk to someone.

To me, there's nothing better than watching my kids play happily together.

Dan has become a great climber. He's getting so big, so fast.

I will say, I think my kids have the greatest Daddy in the world. I love watching him play with them. Here he is chasing them. All we need is Adam in the picture and it would be a perfect shot.

Ben climbing the pole with a little encouragement from Sarah.

It's blurring, but I love this picture.

The little girls decided to swing together in the big swing. Gracie looks a little scared here.

Of course, they had to scream while swinging. It's not fun unless you scream.

Man I wish I'd had a sister like this. They're such great friends.

Sarah ready to go down the slide. Notice she's looking for Daddy. They're always on the lookout for Dad at the park.

Hannah showing a smile before going down the slide.

Dan LOVES the slide, especially when Daddy takes him down.

Here he is trying it on his own.

Then Hannah had to have a turn taking him down. I think he enjoyed it.

And at the end of the day, we had worn out the kids and they were ready for bed.

No comments: