Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mother's Day


Mother's Day this year was like the past few, nothing special. That's OK. We're busy and poor and there's not much that we can do so just being with my family is good enough for me. Kenny did get me a card and had all the kids sign it. It was an awesome card too. It read (with a picture of a momma bird in her nest with a blanket over her, obviously in bed, and 3 baby birds giving her bowls of food): "Happy Mother's Day! Today WE get to regurgitate breakfast for YOU!" The inside says, "Only the best for you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!" What a goofball. It totally made my day.

We went to church and then enjoyed some time at home. Kenny was in town and we loved having him home for the weekend. Ben and Sarah did make me some Mother's Day gifts in school and church. I love getting gifts from my kids and the homemade ones are the greatest.

For Activity Days a few weeks before Mothers Day, the girls were asked to bring in a picture of them with their mom. After looking through pictures for at least half and hour I finally determined that I didn't have a picture of just Sarah and I that was even close to recent. So, out to the old truck we went on Sarah's request. In less than 10 minutes we had a great shot of the two of us (see above) and we sent it off to Walgreen's to be printed. It was a hit at Activity Days and my friend, who is one of Sarah's leaders, was amazed that we had just shot the picture less than an hour before. It's amazing what you can do with a great photographer as a husband and modern technology.

I didn't know what the picture was for until the Tuesday before Mothers Day. Sarah had a very special Mother's Day Activity Day's. I had such a fun time with her. We played games and had a nice cinnamon roll and yogurt treat. At the end we were giving this fun paper:

Love it. If you notice on the side there's a checklist of all the things I am Awesome, Brilliant, Sweet and Funny to name a few. Apparently, according to Sarah, I'm not Brave or Energetic. HaHa! Maybe I should work on those. The bottom reads (with her words in red) When asked about this honor, her child had this response: "my mom rocks! She is very considerate. When she tells jokes, it makes me so happy. I love doing things with her, especially fun things. She is so good at making me laugh. She really is the best!" How sweet! Thanks Sarah!

Ben made me a card at school. I love when he makes me things at school because he can never last until Mother's Day to give it to me. This year he lasted maybe 20 minutes before he was in his backpack getting it out for me. What a cutie. This is it and I still have it hanging on my fridge:

Outside

Inside

No comments: