Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mommy Day

My cute kids and I before church on Mother's Day.  I'm one lucky mommy.
After my race 10k we spent some time in Smithfield with grandma and grandpa.  We went to the parade and the fair that's in the city grounds.  It was fun to wander around and run into people I knew growing up.  It's amazing to me just how long we've been gone from Cache Valley.  After a few hours with my parents we headed to Grace to spend the night with Kenny's parents.  We've never spent a Mother's Day with Kenny's family and we thought it was about time.  We had a great evening visiting with my in-laws.  The kids swam in the hot tub and we just sat around and visited.  The next morning we went to church and then came back for a nice lunch that my mother-in-law prepared.  It had been nearly 6 months since we had been to Grace and it was really nice to go up for a visit, even if it was a short one.

Our family before church on Mother's Day.
We had to head back to Logan about 1:30 to make it to my families Mother's Day party.  Every year my mom has her family over for Mother's Day and we since we haven't made it there for a few years, we decided to stop by on our way back to Salt Lake.  It was nice to see family, eat some more yummy food and watch the kids play with their cousins.  I've really enjoyed being closer to family and being able to see them on special days.  All in all it was a great Mother's Day.

Playing with bubbles at grandma's house before the rest of the family arrived.
Adam loved being lifted up by daddy and when he got  to the top he'd start singing the Muppet's.  This kid has no fear at all.
Ben playing games with cousins Nate and Drew.
I loved watching my brother dance with my little girls.  He's such a great uncle to them and they LOVE playing with Uncle Ryan.
Family sitting around talking.  Mom, Aunt Cindy, and Michelle.
Sarah and Diana decided to climb the tree and they hung out there for quite a long time.
My mom with her 2 kids.  We've grown up, but it's still nice to be with mom sometimes.

No comments: