Saturday, March 19, 2011

That's Not What Optimus Prime Looks Like

The Cake! (Enough said)

I found an Optimus Prime cake and I thought it'd work for Ben's birthday. He's not really into Transformers anymore, but I was desperate for a cake and I decided to go with it anyway. When I got it home I realized how crazy I was. It had a lot of detail and detail is just not something I care to do at the moment. Life still feels really busy and adding anything makes me super stressed. I decided to go with the cake anyway and just make it the best I could. Apparently the best I could was not good.

When Ben saw it the first words out of his mouth were, "That's not what Optimus Prime looks like." He was right of course, but I did do the best I could. I feel bad, but only a little. It looked close enough to Optimus Prime that I think anyone could get the idea and at the end of the day we were just going to eat it anyway. It still tastes the same no matter how it looks, right!

Ben blowing out his candles and other stuff.
(I didn't take the time to edit the video so if you get bored before the minute is up go ahead and turn it off.)

Ben did tell me it was OK that it didn't turn out to look like Optimus Prime and that he thought it was great anyway. I have such a sweet boy and even though he was disappointed he was understanding and nice about it. That's hard for a 7 year old and I'm very blessed that he's my boy. We sang to Ben, he blew out the candles, and then we all ate cake and ice cream. At the end of the day he was pleased (enough) and I learned to never do another Optimus Prime cake. :)


Ben getting ready to eat Optimus' head.

Dan enjoying some cake. I did a really bad job taking pictures and that's all I have. I'll have to do better next year.

No comments: