Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday At School

Ben's class on his birthday!

I took Ben's birthday treats to his class on Thursday the 17th. His birthday is actually the 18th, but there was no school that day, so I went in the day before. I had arranged with Mrs. Bodily to come in right after lunch and the kids were excited to see me. A mom on a birthday means treats! Ben got to sit in the front of the class and call on kids to ask him questions about himself. 1st graders are so funny and they ask some of the funniest questions. Some of my favorites: Who's your best friend, who's your second best friend, who's your third best friend, which TV in your house is your favorite, Who's your favorite teacher (this one he said Ms. England, his kindergarten teacher, oops.) and last Who's your fourth best friend? It was fun to watch him sitting up there in charge and loving it. He loves attention and this was perfect for him.

I wanted to take a picture of Ben at school. This was the first picture I took. After this the kids got real interested in the picture.

So by the time I took the second picture there were some more kids who wanted in on the fun. At that point I thought it'd be best to take one of the entire class.

When they were done asking questions I passed out the cookies I'd brought. The kids were very happy and even though they just got back from lunch, they all ate every bite of their cookies. I love going into my kids classrooms and their birthday's are such a fun time to go in the classroom. I hope Ben enjoyed his special day.

No comments: