Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grandparents Day

I've decided to post this regardless of the fact that somethings wrong with my camera and I can't get pictures off of it. Enjoy reading it and if by some miracle I can fix it I'll post pictures later.

In honor of Grandparents day, which was earlier this month, Sarah Kate's school had a 'bring your Grandparents to school day' last Friday. Both of Sarah's Grandpa's had to work and Grandma Newbry was in Boise visiting her parents, so the only Grandparent able to come was my mom. It was a long drive, but be we were grateful Grandma came and that Sarah wasn't without a Grandparent. Grandma arrived at our house around 10:00 and then went to the school shortly thereafter. Apparently there was a short program in the classroom which consisted of a poem read by the kids, two songs sung by the kids and then introductions of the grandparents. After that, the grandparents went to lunch with the kids. I know, your all jealous that grandma got to eat school lunch! She said it was actually not too bad. There was a picture thing set up in the cafeteria so Sarah and Grandma got to have their pictures taken together. It was a lot of fun for both of them.

My mom spent the night on Friday. It was nice to have her around. Kenny and I took the waverunner out, just the two of us, and went water skiing. It was a lot of fun, but we both discovered we're not in the best of shape anymore. We need to work on that. We did however, get up on one ski. Kenny had already tried water skiing the week before and had no trouble getting up, but I hadn't tried since the summer after Sarah was born. It took me a few tries to remember how and to get the hang of it, but it was such a great feeling when I got up. We've decided we need to go again before the weather gets to cold.

Let's see! What else did we do? Grandma took us out to dinner and then we came home and put the kids to bed. The next morning we had breakfast, the kids played with grandma, and we made an art project out of muffin liners, construction paper, straws, and glue (lots and lots of glue in Hannah's case.) After the art project Grandma took us to lunch and then she headed home. We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for kids clothes. It was a great weekend and we were so glad grandma was able to come up.

No comments: