Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sara's Wedding

My cousin Sara got married on Friday June 20th. She was married in Fredrick, Maryland which was very handy for me because it was on my way out of town, the weekend I was leaving. On Friday night, thanks to my parents, we spent the night in a hotel in Fredrick with Grandma and Grandpa Gass and went to the wedding at 7:00 that night.
Sara, her new husband Jack, their son Jackson, and her parents Aunt Peggy and Uncle Andy

Funny story about the wedding. Being that I was in the process of moving across the country I had a van FULL of stuff and I was pulling the waverunner. We left the hotel at 6:30 thinking we'd have plenty of time to get there before 7:00. We arrived around 6:50, but didn't count on having to park the waverunner in a small dead end parking lot. I had to get my dad to back it up and park it or I'd still be there trying. We finally got it parked and I discovered I couldn't find Sarah Kate's second shoe. It was buried in the back behind one of the lemon tree's. Strange place I know! While I was trying desperately to locate the shoe my Uncle Ted called my dad wanting to know where we were. They were ready to start, but because we were in the parking lot looking for a shoe they decided to wait a few minutes until we got in the building. Thanks everyone for waiting. Maybe next time I move I'll be more organized, but I wouldn't count on it.

We got sat down and moments later the wedding began. Sara looked beautiful in her wedding dress as she walked down the aisle to the wedding march being played on the violin by my cousins 9 year old daughter Andie.

Walking down the aisle

I was sitting in a horrible place for taking pictures, but I was able to see them as they got married. It was a lovely ceremony and I enjoyed watching the smiles on their faces.

Jack, Sara, and Sara's brother Tony

After the wedding ceremony they took all the traditional pictures you take after a wedding. This, of course, takes a while so after having a few snacks provided inside, the kids enjoyed some running around time before dinner.

Gracie loved looking at my Uncle Ted. He's my dad's only brother and he lives in Florida. We haven't seen him in at least 3 years.

This is Hannah at dinner time. I love her big brown eye's and beautiful face.

Ben running and playing with the other kids that were there. Ben loves to run around and giggle.
Sarah Kate with Uncle Ted. She really took a liking to him and I think he quite liked her as well.

No comments: