Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sad Goodbye's

As exciting as our move to Idaho is it does come with some major disappointments. The number one disappointment is the friends we're leaving behind. I am always amazed at the generosity of people in circumstances were it would be so easy to not be generous. I, of course am talking about the huge amounts of help I received from friends those last two weeks I was in Virginia. I was in the hospital Tuesday with my kidney stone and had so many people come to my aid then, and after that the help just kept coming. They sent around a sign up sheet at church for people to come help me for the next week and a half. I had meals every night, I had someone watching my kids almost every single day, and I had at least one person coming to help me pack and clean every day except Sunday. I was so amazed at the willingness of people to come and help me move, knowing that they likely would not see me again in their life. Looking back on it I'm not so surprised, given the people who came to my aid, that's just their personality. It did, however, make me even more aware of the type of people I chose to surround myself with while living there. I was very lucky to have had the friends I had, to have my children have the friends they had, and to have met the people that I met. I hope to one day be able to repay all the generosity I receive, most likely not to those who helped me, but to someone else.

I want to share some pictures of the many friends we left behind. Most are the kids friends, but we will miss them all, young and old.


No comments: