Friday, July 25, 2008

Helping Hannah

Hannah and Gracie are the best of buds. Well they're as close as you can be when your 2 1/2 and 9 months. It's so much fun to watch them play together, they make each other laugh, and I love that Gracie doesn't like to go to bed at night unless Hannah in is bed also. I hope they always have the sisterhood friendship. Not only do they enjoy being with each other, Hannah is very concerned about Gracie. If she cries Hannah comes and tells us, if Gracie wakes up (sometimes this is with Hannah's help) Hannah comes to tell us, Hannah loves to feed Gracie her bottle (until she gets bored) and she's just all around a very loving two year old big sister. An example of this would be July 17th. I had just fed Gracie and left her in her highchair for a minute while I picked some things up in the living room. Gracie was not pleased with the idea of being left in her highchair so she started crying. Hannah was right there to help. I was picking something up off the floor when I heard this pouring sound. I looked up and into the kitchen to see Hannah giving Gracie some Cheerios, A LOT of Cheerios. Gracie was still crying so Hannah was still dumping. By the time I got the 10 steps to the highchair Gracie, the highchair, and the floor were all covered in Cheerios, the box was not so full anymore. It was one of those moments as a mother where you have to laugh, thank the 2 year old for trying so desperately to help, and then get the camera for a picture.

Hannah proudly showing off her helping skills. This was a few minutes after the dump and Gracie and already managed to push the mountain of Cheerios on to the floor.



As I was sweeping the floor I notice that the top of the highchair was not the only place full of Cheerios. I bet this was uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Hannah and my Raquel must be close to the same age. Raquel was born Dec. 28, 2005. She loves to help Nathan too (he is 14 months). It is so fun to see how much they learn from having siblings. I admire that you didn't yell the whole ten steps to the high chair. I would probably be yelling no, no, no. Thanks for the good example and reminder!!