Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Building of a Snow Fort

My and 4 of my kids in our snow cave.
January 10th was an absolutely beautiful day, for winter anyway.  We hit 46 degrees outside and I even got a 6 mile run in outside, wearing capris.  Not long after my run the weather decided to change and the snow started coming down steady and beautiful. When Daniel saw it he came running up to me and said, "Look mom!  It's happening AGAIN!!"  That boy loves snow.  Well, the snow kept coming and coming and we were wondering if it was ever going to stop.  There was so much snow falling that they actually canceled Sarah's first basketball game, much to her dislike. The following morning I was woken up by a phone call around 5:45 in the morning. It was an announcement that school would be canceled that day. I quickly went back to sleep and when I got up an hour and a half later, I found about a foot of snow outside.  It was truly a snow day and the kids were so excited.

We decided to take advantage of all the snow we had outside.  It seems like it's not very common to see that much snow in Salt Lake anymore.  We figured we should use our snow day to it's fullest. Kenny went outside with the kids and helped them build a snow fort.  I stayed inside and got some much needed housework done without and distractions or kids messing up what I had done.  When I was almost done I headed outside to play with the kids.  Hannah and Gracie had gone over to a friends house, but we got some pictures of the remaining kids and the snow fort.

The pictures we took look a little funny because the depth perception is off.  I kind of like it and think it makes them look like we're a pasted on picture. We actually were inside the snow cave, it's just hard to tell in some of the pictures.  

All of us crammed in the snow fort. 
Adam coming out of the snow fort.
Me climbing out of the snow fort. It's not as easy as it looks.  :)
Ben and Sarah in the snow fort.

Dan sitting outside the snow fort to show how big it is and to show that Sarah and Ben are actually in it.
A close up of all of us in the snow fort.

No comments: