Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Baby And His Blanket

I know of kids who love their blankets and take them wherever they go, but Daniel take his love of a blanket to a whole other level. It can be any blanket (or shirt, pants, coat, whatever he can find) just as long as he can roll around with it and eat it. On Ben's birthday I was finishing up a load of blankets and had left them on the floor in the front room to be folded. I went into the bedroom to talk to Kenny, not more than 2 or 3 minutes and I came out to find that Daniel had found the sheet to our bed.

Yes, he's in there even though all you can see are his little legs sticking out.

He had rolled himself up in it, like a pig in a blanket, and was in heaven. I could hear him making his cute little noises, sucking on his fingers, just enjoying himself. What a little nerd. I let him roll around a little then uncovered his head so he could breathe.

Can you tell by the smile that he was enjoying himself?

Then, of course, after giving me a smile, he had to suck those fingers.

I always try and leave some kind of blanket on the floor for him to play with, but I must say I've never seen him completely roll up in one like he did this day. Maybe it's because he's never found one big enough. Just to prove how much he loves blankets, when I took him out of it he immediately rolled over to another blanket and started rolling in it. The boy LOVES blankets.

The pictures bad, but this was moments after I unrolled him from the sheet.

3 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

that is so sweet. I love that little kids have these querky little things. It makes them so fun and unique.

Alder Family said...

Those are cute pictures. Didn't Ben suck on his fingers like that too? Too funny!

Camille said...

He is too cute! :)