Sunday, March 14, 2010

Visit From Friends

So I'm way, way behind on my blog and with a house full of sick kids today I've decided to take this morning to get caught up. My friend Cami came for a visit the last Saturday in February. If you go to her blog you'll notice 7 blogs since she posted about this. That's what happens when you keep up on your blog. Oh well! I guess better late then never.

Back to my blog! It's a really wonderful story actually. Cami's daughter Samantha came to her awhile ago and said she wanted to find someone special to give her baptism dress to. Samantha was 9 in November so she's just older than Sarah Kate. A few weeks later Cami read my blog about my experience at church and thought it was the perfect opportunity for Samantha to give away her dress. She assured me it was what Samantha wanted and she was supporting her daughter. So February 27th they headed up here for a visit with the dress in hand.

I couldn't believe it. What a wonderful dress and what a wonderful thing for a 9 year old to do. It amazes me the people the spirit can touch and work through. I hope Samantha is happy with giving her dress to Sarah and that she know how much Sarah LOVES it. Not only is it beautiful, but it was from one of her new best friends.

So anyway, Cami and her 2 girls came and it was so nice to see them. I haven't seen Cami in months, maybe even close to a year. We were going to go to the Idaho Museum, but instead we talked and got caught up on each others lives and before we knew it the museum was closed. So instead of going to the museum we decided to take a walk by the falls.



The weather was nice, for February anyway, and Cami had never seen the falls. We walked along the falls avoiding the slushy snow parts and puddles from melting snow and found ourselves by the geese. Someone had left a bunch of bread on the ground for the geese. The kids helped themselves and had a lot of fun feeding the geese as much bread as they could. It was such a nice day and I'm so glad they were able to come. Hopefully they'll be coming back during spring break for another visit.



As I said before Sarah now has another best friend. She and Samantha hit it off and had a lot of fun. They even decided to write letters to each other. I'm so glad she gets a pen pal of sorts. Thanks for coming Cami and for all that you've done for us. You have no idea how much it means to us.

2 comments:

The Pincock Family said...

That looks so fun. Your family does a lot of fun things with your children. I would have wanted to stay home. It looks cold outside. I believe I need to brave the weather and get my kids out more. Thanks for your ideas and example of good parenting.

Camille said...

We had so much fun! I can't wait to visit again! :)