Saturday, March 13, 2010

The End of Ben's Basketball


Ben finished off his 1st season of basketball on the 25th of February. He had a lot of fun, but by the time the season was done I think he and the rest of the team were ready to be done. They practiced once a week and then had a game once a week and for kindergartners 2 months of that is a lot. I'm so glad we were able to let him play and I really hope he gets to do it again next year, hopefully with the same team.

I think this picture is so funny. He's in deep concentration as he runs.

Both Kenny and I were impressed with how much Ben, and his team for that matter, learned this year. I think our BenBen isn't going to be the best shooter (his parents have no athletic ability and he seems to have picked that up from us) but he is awesome at defense. By the last game Ben was getting rebounds, stealing the ball, and doing great 'boxing out'. He was very impressive. We'll have to work with him throughout the year so he maintains some of his skills and somehow work on shooting. The poor boy was very discouraged the last game because he couldn't make a shot. We'll definitely find a way to work on that.
Ben going for a rebound.

Again, I didn't get any good pictures of the game. My other kids were ready for the season to be over as well, and were not sitting very nicely. They didn't give me much chance to take any pictures and well our camera has issues so the pictures I did take didn't turn out. Next year, right!
The Rimrock Rockets (team named by the kids.)

Team with coaches.
Jeremy, Payton, Hansen, Annie, Hailey, Haley, Ben, Kenny
Jacob, Dalton, Kace, Gavin, Ryker, Mckay

No comments: