Sunday, July 15, 2012

Saltair

After church on April 22nd we headed to my Aunt Val's house to see my Uncle Ted and my Aunt Diana who both happened to be in town the same weekend.  We had a wonderful time catching up with them and visiting with family.  Afterwards, rather than going home and sitting around until bedtime, we decided to take the kids to Saltair.  Now, I've lived in Utah most of my life with the exception of about 4 years in Virginia and 6 years in Idaho.  In all that time I don't believe I've ever been to the Great Salt Lake.  It's a big part of Utah and not far from my house, but I've never made it out there.  It was time to change that.  We packed the kids up and headed to Saltair.  Saltair is a building/resort west of us that, back in the day, was a popular place for people to go.  They used to go swim in the Great Salt Lake, listen to bands play, have dances and many other things. After time it became less popular and though it's still there (It's been replaced a few times because of fire) and still used, it's not like it was in its glory days back in the 20's (I think).  Anyway, we decided to take the kids there to see the lake for themselves.  It was a fun, short outing that we all enjoyed.  The weather was a little chilly and so was the water, but we all went walking in it.  The kids had a blast and we all agreed it was a much better evening than it would have been if we'd have sat at home. (The pictures were all taken on my phone so their not the best, but they're better than nothing.)

Adam tipped over and fell in the water.  He really wanted his shirt off and for daddy to help him get warm.  Daddy's good like that.
The 5 oldest

Dan was a little unsure about the water at first, but over time he because braver and really enjoyed himself.

All 6 of my goofy kids.

No comments: