Sunday, July 15, 2012

This Is The Place

The last day of April our home school had tickets the This Is The Place for $2.00 a person.  This is way cheaper than they normally are so I jumped at the chance to take the kids.  My friend Cami came with her kids and we spent the morning learning about what it was like when the saints came to Utah.  Sarah was in the older age group so I let her go off with Cami's daughter Samantha.  They both really enjoyed it and I've heard they had a lot of fun and learned a lot.  I had the other 5 kids with me and we enjoyed seeing the baby animals in the barn, going to a few old houses and learning how they did laundry, plowed the fields, what toys they played with and even how they sheer sheep.  We finished up with a train ride around the grounds.  It was a great day and I'd love to take the kids back there when more of the places are open and when we can spend more time there.  Maybe sometime.

Ben milking the cow.
Gracie's turn to milk the cow.
Ben petting a baby goat.


Petting the goats.
Ben plowing the field.  I wish I could get him to work that hard at home.  :)

Hannah plowing the field.
This is probably how it was done in the old days.  The 4 year old goes out to plow the field while the 1 year old tags along.
Dan playing with the toys from the time.  He really enjoyed the stick and circle.
Gracie hanging up the laundry to dry.
After all the clothes dry someone has to iron.  Dan and Hannah wanted to try that.

Ben ringing the dinner bell to bring everyone in.

Dan really enjoyed swinging on the dinner bell.  Good thing he doesn't weigh too much.
Dan and Adam weren't interested in learning about sheep sheering or how they made clothes so we sat outside in the backyard. 
I didn't get any pictures of Sarah because she was in the older group.  This out of focus one of her and Samantha is the only picture I got.  Oh well.
The kids loved the train most of all.  Especially these 4.
In true Ben fashion, he made a friend almost immediately.  I let him sit with his new friend on the train ride.

No comments: