Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dan's Cake


I've always made the same cake for my kids first birthday. It's a little teddy bear that I made for Sarah Kate and I thought would be a good tradition for all of them. After all these years and all the cakes I've made I'm starting to get the hang of how to get them out of the pan. Luckily this cake wasn't too hard to make and the decorating was easy. It turned out pretty good (minus the help Gracie gave to the right foot) and Dan even learned to like it which was important. The blue heart was Ben's idea. He didn't want Dan's cake to have a pink or red heart because Dan's a boy. Very logical thought process if you ask me. This blogs told in pictures so enjoy.

Presenting Dan his cake. He didn't know what to think.

Good thing he has big sisters to help him blow out his candle.

And another big sister to show him how to eat the cake.

It took Dan awhile to warm up to the idea of eating his cake. He was teething and not in the best of moods. He did however, get happier as the cake eating went on.

He got messier as the cake eating went on as well.

Then he decided to share with Gracie. (I love this picture.)

At last it was time for a bath. Good cake eating experience if you ask me.

No comments: