Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Big Day For Sarah Kate

Short hair and new glasses all in one day.

I'm finally in June and back to being a little out of order. The moving blog is suppose to come before this, but that'll be long so I'm writing this one instead. On June 22nd Sarah Kate had a very big day. All of the kids were getting their hair cut by daddy and Sarah wanted hers cut. She's been asking to have short hair for months, but I've always told her to wait. She's never had short hair. Her hair grew very well as a baby and she didn't even have her first hair cut until she was 5. She's always loved long hair and whenever we've asked her about cutting it she always wanted to keep it long. I knew she'd look cute with short hair, I just didn't want her to be disappointed. However, on this day I finally gave in. She has very thick hair and I was afraid to cut it myself so the two of us (along with the little girls) went to the hair salon to have her hair cut. It took a few cutting to get to the perfect length. I kept telling the lady "maybe another inch." Finally it got to a little below her shoulders and I decided to stop there. I still wanted to be able to ponytail it. I had her dry it just to make sure Sarah liked it and she absolutely loved it. She was so happy and so was I. I couldn't believe how big it made her look. My little girl is growing up and I'm not sure I'm ready to let her. I guess I'm going to have to get ready.


When we got in the car I noticed someone had called my phone. It was the eye doctor and they were letting me know Sarah's new glasses were in. They are very similar to her old glasses, but a different color and a little different shape. Because we were out, we headed over to the doctors to get her glasses. It was a very image changing day for Sarah Kate. She kept asking me if I thought people would even recognize her. She really wanted to go to her friends house and see if they knew who she was. I didn't want to disappoint her, but felt I should let her know people would recognize her. I also let her know they would definitely notice the difference. That pleased her, which was good.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Very cute! She sure does look grown up.

Camille said...

She is such a doll! I miss you, Katie!

Mama Winn said...

I think she looks adorable! It was so fun to see your family last weekend. All of your kids have grown and your little family is so cute. We shall have to see each other more often so that Ben won't have to say "do I even know you?" any more! I hope the rest of your diabetic days go by quickly and that you have an easy labor and delivery! Love you!