Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Snow Days

Snow fell like crazy in December. Having had very little snow last year in Virginia (we got one storm that dropped maybe an inch that didn't last) Kenny and I were so excited for the snow. The kids have loved playing in it, Kenny has loved driving in it, and I've loved watching it fall. When the storm finally hit Logan on Christmas Day it was not a disappointment. It dropped nearly a foot of the beautiful white stuff. The next day we took some pictures to remind us how how beautiful it was.

Driving down 4th North in Logan.

A view of the Temple and the snow covered mountains and valley.

The temple!


Driving down to main street. I think the trees look so beautiful.
On the 27th of December we were still in Logan and my mom was discussing the family pictures of the day before. While taking pictures of my Grandpa's family we had a family picture taken as well. They didn't turn out and my mom was very bummed. Kenny said he could try to take a picture of us outside. We didn't have any equipment, other than our camera, so we called Aunt Cindy to come over and help. We went in the back yard, Kenny set it up and Aunt Cindy snapped the shot. I think it turned out really well. My Mom and Dad were very pleased as well, which is what really matters.

My family!
Gracie, Me, My brother Ryan, my Mom, my Dad, Kenny, Hannah
Sarah Kate and Ben (up front)

Ryan and Gracie taking a test shot.
Don't the snow covered trees in the back make a perfect backdrop?



Another test shots.

Gracie and I ready to go in. Look at all the snow behind us.

We wanted to go home that night, but my mom took the kids to a movie. When the movie was done the snow was falling again and the roads were bad. We decided we didn't want to drive on the bad roads in the dark especially being as tired as we were. We spent the night in Logan again and went home Sunday morning. I'm glad we stayed. Even in the morning the roads were real bad.

Here's the highway leading to the freeway. Notice the speed limit is normally 65, but no one was going that fast.

Another view of the freeway.

No comments: