Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gracie's Walking

Kenny and I had tried and tried to get Gracie to walk before we went to Disneyland, but she just wasn't ready. It turned out alright. Disneyland was a success despite the non walking Gracie and about a week later Gracie decided she was ready to walk.

On December 3rd I had been having one of my not so good pregnancy days and after dinner I sent the kids downstairs to play while I laid on the couch. Gracie decided she was done playing downstairs and came up to be with me. After a few minutes of crawling around she must have decided she wanted to try walking. She took a few steps from the chair to the couch. Then she walked back to the chair. She tried that a few times and then walked from the couch to the TV. I was cheering her on and it seemed to make her try even harder. She began standing up on her own and trying to take off. It was so fun to watch. The kids came upstairs and we took her into the bedroom where Daddy was working to show him.

Here's Gracie walking for Daddy. She seemed to like walking to Hannah best. She'd walk to me sometimes, but Hannah almost always won.


She improved quickly! This next video is from December 19th, by then she was walking well.

No comments: