Thursday, December 18, 2008

Carlie's Blessing

The Nielsen Family
I realize they're not looking at me. I was up on the stairs and they were looking at my father-in-law in front of them. Still it's the only picture I have.

My niece Carlie was blessed Sunday December 7th. We headed down the night before and were very glad to be able to attend. We've missed more blessings and baptisms of family members than we would have liked due to the fact that we've lived so far away. It's so nice to be close again and share in these special moments.

I thought this was a cute picture of Carlie (just pretend I'm not there.) She's a really, really good baby and helped me remember that having another one will definitely have it's perks.

Carlie looked beautiful and the blessing was beautiful. Well, Ben and Hannah were just awful during church and I could barely hear anything but them whining during the blessing (I guess that's what happens when sacrament is at 3 and neither one of them have napped all day after being up late the night before.) I felt awful that they were so naughty, but hopefully it didn't distract anyone else. On to happier things . . .
Sarah and Carlie! Sarah was soooo happy to hold the baby.

Hannah and Carlie! Hannah refuses to smile in pictures lately so this is the best we got.

I love going to blessings and watching the Daddy up there holding his little baby in his arms and giving him/her a blessing. Something about it is so special to me. It was wonderful to be able to share that experience with them.
Gracie and Carlie!
These two are only about a year apart and I think they'll be great friends.

I love this picture. Something about the way Gracie's looking at Carlie!

After church we went back to April's house for some dessert. It was very good, but we couldn't stay too long because we had a long drive a head of us.

No comments: