Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Our Thanksgiving was anything but traditional this year. We were still in California and instead of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner we had brunch at Goofy's Kitchen with some Disney Characters. The whole family (minus Michael and Sarah whose flight left early that morning) was in attendance and we enjoyed a brunch among friends like Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Goofy and Chip and Dale, to name a few. It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed seeing the characters.
Sarah Kate and Hannah with Mulan. Ben didn't want his picture with the princess'.
Gracie saying hi to Mulan.

Hannah hugging Goofy

The big kids with Goofy.
For some reason after she hugged Goofy, Hannah decided she wasn't a big fan of the guy.

The big kids with Dale

Gracie being cute at brunch.

Hannah loved Sleeping Beauty. Personally I didn't think she looked much like Sleeping Beauty, but hey it was Thanksgiving Day, I'm just glad someone was working.

Gracie liked the princess' but not the masked characters.

Sadly I wasn't feeling well, the family had been sharing a flu all week and it was my turn to get it, so by the time dinner was over I was ready to be done. I took Gracie (she was very sleepy due to the lack of sleep over the past few days) and the two of us went to the hotel to take a nap. Kenny took the kids to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. We were told not to buy anything in the park because you can just get it in Downtown Disney and it just takes time away from Disneyland. Apparently that isn't true. Kenny said the Disney store didn't have anything good and there was nothing there that we saw in the park. I felt really bad because it meant that our kids didn't really get anything from Disneyland. Luckily the last night we bought them 2 light saber for fun, so they did get something, but I still felt bad. Kenny bought them some street signs like the ones in Mickey's Toon Town and they were happy, but we both learned that if you want something from Disneyland buy it in Disneyland.


Driving the Autopia car outside the restaurant.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. That was fine with me because I felt so yucky. We went to a nearby Walmart because we were out of diapers and then ate at the McDonald's in the store. Not a traditional Thanksgiving, but it was still fun (minus the sickness.)

2 comments:

Colette said...

Katie, I just read about the baby, CONGRATULATIONS!! You amaze me at how well you handle 4 and I know that 5 will be just as great! I thought 5 would be harder but after a month or two everyone gets into the routine and things get back to normal (whatever that is). I can't wait to hear what you are having (if you find out). Love, Colette

Todd and Julie Worthen said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! It may not have been a traditional Thanksgiving but I bet your kids will never forget it!