Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas at Mom's

We finally headed to Mom and Dad's around noon. The normally 2 1/2 hour trip took us nearly 4 hours. The weather was horrible as were the roads. We made the trip to Pocatello with not much trouble, but after that the roads got bad. There was snow everywhere. It was coming down quickly, it was blowing from all directions, and it was piling up on the roads and everywhere else. It was a slow drive, but a safe drive, for us. As soon as we got off the freeway a magical thing happened. The snow stopped, the roads cleared and all we saw was rain. It was the weirdest thing to see, but it made the rest of the trip very pleasant.





We were late to Logan, but we made it before everybody left. It was nice to see family and the kids enjoyed playing with cousins. After a few hours my Uncle Rod and his family left and it was just my Mom's siblings and their families. My uncle Todd and his family were in town from California. It was nice to have everyone together. Later that evening my cousin Kristin came with her boys and we opened presents. My kids got more from Grandma and Grandpa than they got from us. They enjoyed their gifts from everyone and we were grateful for all we received. After opening presents the adults played Bunco. I never had a desire to play Bunco, but I must admit it was more fun than I thought. It was nice to spend Christmas with family again.

Hannah with her giraffe from Aunt Cindy.

Ben playing Star Wars with Uncle Ryan. They were both in heaven.

Luke, my cousin Daniel's son, and my cousin Sam.

The only picture of have of people hanging out. I didn't do a good job of taking picture that night.

No comments: