Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bowling Fun With The Family

I love this picture. The only thing that would make it better is if Hannah were in it.
My cousin Kristin is lucky enough to have her birthday the day after Christmas (OK if you ask her she doesn't think it's lucky, but growing up I always thought it was lucky.) Ever since I was pregnant with Sarah Kate my family has made it tradition to go bowl on that day to honor her birthday. This year Kenny and I were in town and were able to go. I've attended 2 of these bowling outings and I was pregnant both times. I use this as an excuse as to why I'm such a bad bowler.

In the morning we got family pictures taken of my Grandfather's posterity. My Uncle Todd and Aunt Sheryl and family were still in town from California and we figured it may be the last time in a long time we are all together. The pictures didn't turn out so well, but we did get some and they are usable. I guess it's better than nothing. It was still a lot of fun to be together and get them taken.

After the family picture we all went out to Juniper Take-Out for lunch. Kenny and I went to my parents to change first so we were a little late, but it was nice to see the entire family there. After lunch everyone went to change their clothes while we finished eating. We met up at the bowling alley at the Fun Park about an hour later.
The kids had never been bowling and they had a lot of fun. Kenny helped the kids and let me bowl with my family. We're so large that we had to use 3 bowling lanes, one for the kids, one for the girls, and one for the guys. The guys crushed us, but we prefer to blame it on the kids rather than the fact that we, the women, just can't bowl. Everyone had a lot of fun and Sarah Kate was very, very happy she won out of the kids. She's such a competitive little kid.
Mommy and Gracie
Daddy helping Hannah bowl.
Ben using the guide to bowl.
Sarah taking a turn.
After bowling we went to the soft play inside the fun park. The kids loved going down the slide and the adults even got in on it. I did it once and thought that was enough. Big yellow slide are just not for pregnant women! Instead I enjoyed watching everyone else enjoy the slide. It was so much fun to spend time with everyone and do some things the kids enjoy.


Gracie LOVES the slide.

Sarah sure seems to be having fun.

Hannah loves the slide too.

The adults enjoying watching the kids slide.

Here's some more pictures to enjoy if you want. . .


No comments: