Thursday, September 11, 2008

Zooing It Again

Gracie, Ben, Hannah, Trent, Travis
This tiger is such a great place for a picture.
My sister-in-law heard the zoo was having a special this week were if you have a child in a stroller the mother gets in free. She's never been to the Idaho Falls zoo so she called me to see if I wanted to go. Of course, I wouldn't pass up a chance to take the kids to the zoo. So, while Sarah Kate was at school, Sarah (my sister-in-law) came up and we were able to enjoyed a day at the zoo for only $2.65 each (we had to pay for the 4 year olds.)

The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time. Ben was so excited to show Travis all the animals at the zoo. We actually went through the zoo rather quickly. I think it's because Ben was so anxious to show Travis the next animal that they didn't spend much time looking at the animals. After a few hours Sarah (my sister-in-law) and I were ready to go (5 kids under 5 in a zoo can be a lot for 2 people) and luckily the kids were also ready to go.

Hannah and Trent looking at the chickens.

We had to pet the goats again. The kids all thought this was great.

I think every zoo I've been to has one of these drinking fountains.

We stopped and got some happy meals at Wendy's and headed back to the house. The kids ate and then enjoy some time playing before Sarah had to go. It's been so much fun having family so close. I love that my kids get to play with their cousins and form those relationships. I also quite like Sarah. We're alike in many ways and it's been great getting to talk with her and becoming such good friends.

No comments: