Thursday, September 11, 2008

Haircuts Again

Apparently this is a great time of year for haircuts in our family. First Ben and Hannah, then Kenny, Sarah Kate, and I. The only one left is Gracie and in order to give her a haircut we'd have to shave her head. Kenny was in dire need of a haircut so yesterday he stopped on his way home from work. He looks much better, but being a guy it's not that cool so I didn't take any pictures.
On to the cool haircuts! Both Sarah Kate and I had a lot of split ends so I asked her if she wanted her haircut. She's never gotten a real haircut before (I trimmed it once about 2 years ago) and wanted to try it out. So, we decided to make it a fun Mommy/Sarah evening and we headed to the mall after dinner. When we got there, Sarah Kate asked if I could go first, she was a little nervous. I got a ton cut off. I was amazed at just how long my hair had gotten. I guess that happens when you don't cut it in almost 2 years. I asked for a few small layers in the back and she gave me many big layers everywhere. Oh well! It still turned out fairly cute and I'll get used to it.

Horrible picture of me, but it shows my haircut.

Sarah Kate was next and she was very excited. She also cut quite a bit off and asked for some layers just like Mommy. Her hair turned out darling. That girl is so cute! I know she's mine, but you can't deny just how cute she is. She loves her new haircut and was so pleased today when her teacher and Aunt Sarah noticed it.

This pictures shows how long her hair was on the first day of school.

With her new haircut. She insisted on wearing it down to school so everyone could see it.

From the back! She really did cut a lot off.

After our haircuts we went to Old Navy to see if we could find her some pants (another strike out, I just can't find that girl any pants) and then we stopped at the ice cream place in the mall. It was delicious and Sarah Kate really enjoyed all the special attention. Kenny and I have started having special days or evenings with Ben and Sarah and it's been such a great thing for them. They're getting old enough that they crave that one on one time and hopefully it will keep us close as they get older.

3 comments:

edsajadaha05 said...

Love it Katie! I can't believe how long Sarah Kate's hair was!

Samm and David said...

WoW! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! I really do...

rdhcph1 said...

Katie,
I love your and Sarah Kate's new "look". You both have great hair and now it looks all the more beautiful. I can't believe how a simple trim made Sarah Kate's hair look so thick, just like yours. Is she as tender-headed as you are. I remember cutting your hair when you were little and you would always hold your hands up around your head, hovering there like helicopters. You were so funny. Anyway, you two look great.
Aunt Cindy