Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blessing Baby Will

Baby Will! Born August 12th 2008

We had a wonderful weekend! My cousin Kristin was blessing her baby in Logan on Sunday so we headed down south. Kristin told me her church started at 11:15, which seemed kind of weird to me. I've never heard of chruch starting at 11:15 so I assumed I must have heard her wrong and that church really started at 11:00. We arrived at about 10:50 and there was only one family in the chapel. We asked if we were at the right church, we were, and then asked what time it started. Sure enough, it started at 11:15. So, rather than keep the kids sitting in the chapel for an extra 25 minutes we decided to go for a drive. We drove up a nearby canyon and then made it back a few minutes before church started.


Kristin and baby Will.

The blessing was very nice. They named him William Kent Alder. Apparently he was awake the entire time and was moving around. You never would have known it. He did very well and never made a peep.

Daddy, Ben, and Sarah walking under the bridge.

Hannah and Grandpa watching the kids play in the water.

Gracie our water baby. She always has to be in the water.

After church we went to Mac Park for a picnic. The kids had a blast. They got to walk in the river, play on the toys, and climb the small hill near the park. Kristin doesn't have many of her family here, (the only ones nearby are her parents, my parents, and us) but her husband Cory has a lot of family around. All his siblings (I think there are 4,) his parents, and both sets of grandparents were there. The kids had a lot of fun playing with Cory's nieces and nephews. My kids can make friends wherever they go. As for me, I enjoyed talking to my family and holding baby Will. I've decided another one would be OK, if only I could skip the pregnancy.

I love this face! Babies make the cutes faces when their fussing.

1 comment:

Todd and Julie Worthen said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. It is so much fun to visit family and let your kids play with cousins. Hallie usually bawls everytime it's time to leave because she just loves to play with her cousins. Let me know if you come to Logan again, maybe we could meet at a park and let the kids play and we can catch up!