Monday, May 26, 2008

Picture Time!

It was time for Gracie's six month and everyone else's annual pictures anyway, but with Kenny leaving for Idaho in the morning and us wanting to get pictures taken before we move, it was pretty much now or never. OK, I know I'm biased, but I think the kids are pretty cute. So here they are:

Gracie - 6 month (OK, 7 months)





Hannah Beth - age 2




Benjamin James - age 4






Sarah Kate - age 6






(Sarah gets a bonus shot because she's just looked so beautiful with this shot cropped down)


And the whole group of them



Funny story. We had planned on going to Mount Vernon to take the pictures. So we loaded up the kids, the camera, the hair stuff, some drinks, and some snacks and headed out. We drove all the way to Mount Vernon, even stopping at a couple stores on the way while Kenny looked for some last minute things, pulled into the parking lot and started getting kids out of the car before I realized that I wasn't wearing any shoes. I had been so preoccupied trying to make sure that everyone else had what they needed that I had walked out the door barefoot like I often do and forgot to grab my own sandals. So we ended up not going to Mount Vernon since I couldn't get in barefoot. Instead we stopped at the Mount Vernon Grist Mill just down the road where we ultimately ended up taking the pictures. I think it turned out OK personally.

5 comments:

April and JJ said...

Their pictures are so so so cute! You guys did a really good job, but when you have such cute kids, it's no sweat, right? (right, especially with the youngest twe.) I laughed out loud reading your shoe story! I don't know how many times I've gotten in the car and then realized I was barefoot! I'm glad to hear someone else has those moments too!

Camille said...

Ha, ha! That sounds like something I would do. :) The kid's pics look great!

Justin and Coralie said...

These pictures turned out great! What cute kids you have!

Colette said...

You have the most exciting life!!! I read your blog and just think WOW, I made a lego tower today, and what did Katie do? She went on a cruise!! You always did have a lot of energy and so that really helps with kids! How exciting that you are moving to Idaho!!! The kids are so cute. BenBen looks like he is 6, I can't believe how tall he is, and Hannah is tall too so maybe my kids are just short but anyway I am impressed and just want to let you know you are amazing!! The fact that you forgot your own shoes shows how much you love and take care of your kids!!!

Justin and Coralie said...

Hey Katie -

Will you email me your address when you get the chance?

coraliestokes@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Coralie