Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Magic on the Disney Magic

We just got back from the most wonderful family reunion ever. On April 26th Kenny's Mom's family, the Holderness', boarded the Disney Magic for a 7 night cruise through the Caribbean, 111 of us in all. It was amazing. We got to see so many family members including some we haven't seen in years and others we've never met. Despite Hannah still being sick, we got to do many fun things including meeting Mickey Mouse and a bunch of other characters, eating amazing meals, visiting with family, seeing really cool shows, a pirate party, and spending time on three different islands just to name a few. It was a very busy week that we'll never forget. Due to the fact that we have over 1,000 pictures and I could spend limitless hours writing about all that we did, I've chose to create condense it and create a slide show of some of a few of my favorites memories/pictures (Ok there's more than just a few.) I hope you enjoy. I must say I think my favorite part of the entire cruise was being able to walk around the ship and pretty much wherever you went there was another Holderness family member to run into. There's nothing better than being surrounded by family.



For anyone who is thinking of going on a cruise I feel the need to warn you that you do have to get off the ship and return to normal life. It's very hard, but they will not let you live on the ship. Now that I'm home I've realized there's no one here to make my bed, cook me dinner, and do my dishes, there's no late night pizza and ice cream runs, there's no family to bump into when you go out, it's kind of sad. At the same time I have all the memories, pictures and video's to look back on. Though I still have laundry to finish from the cruise and my house has yet to be put back together, the whole family can't stop singing 'Happy Working/Cruising Song' (that was the Newbry Talent) and 'Under the Sea' (another favorite Disney song) and I can't stop dreaming of when I get to see everyone again. Thanks again Bruce and Nancy for this amazing experience.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I'm SO jealous!! I am glad you guys had so much fun! :)

Jolene said...

That looks like so much fun. I am jealous too. Disney anything is fun. We had passes to Disneyland last year, it was so fun, and we miss going. So magical.