Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Idaho Here We Come

Where do I start. I feel like my life has been flipped upside down in less than a weeks time. Kenny accepted a job in Idaho today and will be leaving on Tuesday. When jobs come our way they seem to come very quickly. This one was no exception. We got called on it first on Friday and today, Tuesday, he had the job. Idaho Falls of all places. I never thought I'd live in Idaho Falls, and quite honestly I never wanted to live in Idaho Falls, but its close to home and there's no way around that.

I'm so excited to finally be headed west. To see mountains again, to see family again and not miss out on important family events, to live so close to Yellowstone and the Tetons (now that is one really cool thing about Idaho Falls). I'm looking forward to a summer with dry air, real snow in the winter time (I may change my mind on this come February), being able to see something other than trees, and so many other things. I'm excited for the adventure.

At the same time, if you strip out the anxiety of being a single parent for a month and having to box up my house by myself, I'm actually sad. I drive down the street and almost cry sometimes. As much as dislike this place sometimes, it has become our home. I will miss all the wonderful friends we've made here and our ward that we've been blessed to be a part of. I'll miss the proximity to DC and all that includes; Mount Vernon, the cherry blossoms, seeing the monuments, the metro and having the airports so closes (the kids love both those things), Teddy Roosevelt Island, the aquarium in Baltimore, and a number of other things. I'll miss Tae Kwon Do. (This is going to be really hard. The kids love karate, especially Sarah, and it'll be hard to leave their school.) I could go on and on, but I think I've blabbed on too long already.

What it comes down to is this; we're moving to Idaho Falls, Kenny leaving on Tuesday and me following after school gets out on June 13th and then my cousin gets married in Maryland on the 20th. We're excited, we're sad, we're overwhelmed, we're stressed, there are times we're too shocked to be anything, but we can't wait to get there and see all our family and friends.

7 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

Congratulations about the job. It will be nice to have y'all out here again. Maybe we'll get to see you a bit more often now! I'm sorry though... that will be quite an adjustment to do the single mom thing. Good luck with everything and let me know if there is anything I can do - even though I'm a million miles away. :)

April and JJ said...

Well, I'm pretty excited. We did want to visit you in DC and do some sight seeing, but now we'll just have to visit you in Idaho Falls and see all the cool landmarks there. . . or just see you guys!

Anonymous said...

At least I'll get to see you and the kids at Sara's wedding? Good thing your folks will be there a few days before hand. Right now I know this seems scary, but just keep looking at it as another adventure in life and one you will look back on when you tell your life story to your Grandbabies!

Camille said...

Yippeee!! Now it will be a little easier to get together... :)

Samm and David said...

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! So excited!!!

Natalie said...

Congrats on the new job and good luck with everything. If you need a pitstop on your way west, you are welcome here! Natalie

edsajadaha05 said...

Everyone commenting seems to be excited that you are moving closer. I'm glad that you will have friends and family close by. We are very sad that you are moving away. Jacob almost cried when I told him on Tuesday. I think he's still trying to tell himself that it's okay. There will never be a walk to the lake the same again. We will always have our memories and pictures (oh and whatever Dallin left in your couch) Hahaha! We love you guys!