Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sarah Kate's Taking After Daddy

This morning, Sarah Kate was rushing to do her homework before the bus came. I've become a bad parent who doesn't care all that much about her homework. In fact I'm a little bugged. She's in all day kindergarten, which I don't believe she needs, and for the last two or so weeks they've been sending homework every night but Friday. I don't think kindergartners should really have homework let alone every night the last few weeks of school. Anyway, I'm done venting, on with my story.

Sarah Kate was doing her homework. At school she's been learning about living and nonliving things. She had to cut out pictures and paste them in their correct spot and then color the living things and circle the nonliving things. A fun little activity, but still not needed in my opinion. She pasted the flowers in their right place and then glued the rock in place. I was making breakfast when she called me over. "Mom, look at this rock. Wouldn't it be a great rock for a picture. You could sit on it and the trees in the back would make a great picture." I just laughed and had to go upstairs and tell Kenny how Sarah Kate is taking after him. Maybe we have a professional photographer in our midst. If not you can sure tell we just finished our annual photo shoot.

No comments: