Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Running Update

I said in an earlier blog that I've begun running in order to try and lose my baby weight. I thought I'd do some periodic updating on here in order to keep myself going. Friday, October 2nd I ran the entire 2.5 miles in 26:50. I was sooooo impressed with myself. I couldn't believe it. Just a week and a half earlier I could barely run a mile and by pushing myself I was able to knock almost 5 minutes off my time and I was able to run the entire thing. Since then I've only ran then entire thing one more time (yesterday) but I'm running a lot more of it and I'm confident if I run every day that soon I'll only be running, not walking.

My plan is to run the rest of the week and then, assuming I'm able to run it all, I'm going to up it to 3 miles. I'm trying to push myself and this is the best way I know how. Hopefully it will do some good. I'm still not really losing weight, I actually gained a pound, but my pants are fitting a little better and that's a plus. I'm sure the weight will come off sometime. I need to get my diet in check and that will probably help. I'm such a horrible dieter. I have no self control, especially at night. Life right now is very stressful and eating makes me feel better. I don't eat a lot, but I eat more than I should and I don't eat the healthiest things when I'm stressed. I've got to fix that and get it under control.

For now I'm running every morning and trying to improve my muscle mass and energy. Kenny's been a huge support and I'm so grateful to him for that. I don't know if I'd keep going if I didn't have him to come home to and tell how I've been doing. Well I better go get my run in for the day. The sun has come out and the frost should be gone soon. Brrrr!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Good for you, Katie! I'm impressed that you could run the 2.5 miles in that amount of time and that you've knocked so much time off! Sounds like you're doing well with your goal.

Justin and Coralie said...

Look at you running! That's awesome! Keep it up :)

Chelle Sorenson said...

Add some light weight training to your routine. You have plenty of cardio, but weights add muscle mass and increase your metabolism. Good on you for running 3 miles. Now you can run a 5k.

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! Remember that muscle weighes more than baby weight and that's why you shouldn't get too fixated on what the scale reads....as long as you are seeing results...that's what matters.

Keep up the good work!
xoxo Aunt Diana

Four Winns said...

Keep going! It only gets better :)