Saturday, October 31, 2009

Little Girls, How Funny

Hannah and Gracie have done some goofy things lately and I just wanted to share some pictures we've taken of them. First off, Hannah is way into dress-up, like always, which is fine with me, but her choices of outfits have been less than stellar.
Kenny posted this picture on facebook with the following caption. . . 'Sometimes as a parent it's important to find a way to look at your kids objectively. And when you do, if you're being honest, you just have to accept that somehow it's all gone horribly, terribly wrong.' I thought it was hilarious.


The other day, Kenny went downstairs to get the kids for dinner and he found Hannah in front of the TV. He ran upstairs, got the camera, and snapped a picture before she knew he was there.

If you look closely you can see she's watching pool. It's actually Cyberchase on PBS. She's learning math skill on her bouncy ball. WOW she can sure choose an outfit.


Gracie's been getting into everything lately. When we moved the big kids downstairs, we put Sarah Kate's bed right next to the gerbil cage. It's perfect for Gracie who loves the little critters. Normally she just opens the lid and tries to get them out. Last week she must have decided that if she can't get them out, she'd just join them.
I was worried she's step on one of them, but never fear, everyone was OK. I have an odd feeling Bug Eater and Blackberry stayed as far away from her as possible.


Last but not least, it's been fun watching how much these 2 little girls love each other. Growing up I always wanted a sister and it's been so fun to see my kids experience the things I never had. With Gracie's new bed comes the freedom to get in and out of it whenever she wants. Normally we catch her playing, get her in trouble once and then she goes back to bed and to sleep without any problems, but you can never be too sure.

Gracie has this thing with her diaper, she loves to undo it. Weird as it may seem I think it's a comfort thing for her. (Ben sucked his fingers and twirled his hair, Hannah pulls out her belly button, and Gracie plays with her diaper.) I've tried potty training her (she's not ready for that yet) and I've tried duct taping her diaper to her (that doesn't work either because she works at it until she manages to get it off.) We've resorted to pull-ups during the day because, even though they're more expensive than diapers, she keeps them on which keeps the poop off our floor and makes it so we use way less of them. You're probably wondering why I'm telling you this. Well at night we still put her in a diaper because they hold more so every night I have to go in and check to make sure her diaper is still done up and on her (it very rarely is.) On the 27th I went into the little girls room and this is what I found. . .

How cute is that?! Gracie sure loves her big sister and Hannah loves Gracie. I hope they stay great friends their entire life.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can't believe that picture of Gracie in the gerbil cage! How funny. And it's so cute that Hannah and Gracie love each other so much.

Jamie and JD said...

I LOVE those pictures of Hannah and Gracie! How sweet. I want to have another little girl too, so that Hailey has a friend like that. They are adorable!