Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Apparently all the rain in Eastern Idaho this past spring has made for a scarce pumpkins come fall. Normally this time of year when you go to Walmart the whole outside of the store is lined with pumpkin boxes. This year I only saw 2. I kept expecting pumpkin boxes to come, but they never did. By the time we realized why, all their pumpkins were sold. Lucky for us they still had some at Winco. We didn't have much to choose from, but we did manage to come up with some good ones.

Drawing faces on the pumpkins


Baby Dan loves to sit in the highchair and watch his siblings.

Halloween morning we woke up and pretty much immediately started carving pumpkins. Everyone was still in jammies without hair done, but we had a busy day and needed to get them done. Kenny spent the first part of the morning gutting all 6 pumpkins (what a wonderful guy) and then it was time to carve them. Ben and Sarah drew their own faces with a little help from Daddy and Hannah told Daddy she wanted a baby faced pumpkin (she loves babies thanks to Daniel.) Kenny did a wonderful job carving them while I fed the baby and started getting the kids ready for the day.

Carving Sarah's pumpkin while she and Ben watch.
After gutting 6 pumpkins, carving 3 of the kids plus one of his own, Kenny was all pumpkined out. I told him I'd carve Gracie's pumpkin and the pumpkin Dan and I shared. I had Gracie draw all over her pumpkin and then I did the best I could to make a face out of it. I love Halloween and all the fun things there are to do this time of year. All in all I think our pumpkins turned out great this year. There are sure getting to be a lot of them.
Sarah with her pirate pumpkin (the pumpkins saying 'Rrrrrr')

Ben's one eyed pumpkin (it's a total Ben pumpkin)

Hannah's baby face pumpkin (We're aware it looks more like a monkey face, but she was pleased with it and that's all that matters.)

Gracie's pumpkin drawn by her and cut out my me. She did a good job for only being 2.

The pumpkin Dan and I shared. He didn't give much input, but that's OK, he's cuter in pictures.

Daddy's graveyard pumpkin. Daddy always makes the coolest pumpkins.

No comments: