Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kid Funnies

I think my kids have been extra funny lately and I wanted to share some of their funny things.

Sarah Kate
Last week Sarah came home from school and told me she was put in time out during class. When asked why she said she had been passing notes. She was so upset and said she didn't know you couldn't pass notes in class, "Mrs Melander didn't tell us that." Anyway, I asked her who she was passing notes to and she said Conner the boy who sits next to her. He told her he had a crush and her and that she was hot. I asked her what 'hot' meant and she didn't know. Funny but true. Conner also told her he had a pet raccoon and he would bring it to school to show her if she kissed him at recess. She wrote back and ask if she had to kiss him on the lips or the check. He said he had to think about it and then wrote that she had to kiss him on the lips. She was so embarrassed and to make it worse "he told everyone in class I was going to kiss him on the lips at recess." Oh to be young again. She's such a cutie I'm sure there'll be boys chasing her for years.

BenBen
Last Friday Ben got off the bus and like always I asked him what he did at school that day. He said instead of doing his skills book (a book of all the kindergarten requirements they have to pass off before they're done with kindergarten) each kid got called out into the call to count as high as they could to one of the kids Mom's (I guess they were looking to see how high each kid could count.) My first thought was Oh No! You see, my BenBen LOVES to count. He can count up to 1000 if you give him time. He sits in church and counts the 300+ pages in the hymn book to pass the time. I asked how much he counted to and he said, "Well, I ran out of time." I asked how high he got and he said he made it to 120 before the Mom stopped him. I guess he passed the counting test.

Another Ben funny is a result of his friend Anders who lives in our neighborhood and is in his class. Anders parents are divorced and he's been spending the last week or so at his Dad's (not in our neighborhood.) This has made Ben curious. When I woke him up for school this morning he asked me if people need to go to a special place to get a divorce, like a church or the temple, just like they do when they get married. I tried to explain, as best I could, that sometimes parents just stop loving each other and so one moves out and they get a divorce. He said, "Oh, so when people get old and kind of ugly, then they get a divorce." I think he missed the point.

Hannah Beth
Hannah has had some funnies, but my brain isn't working and I can't think of them right now. She's still not talking the best, but she's better and we're understanding her more and more every day. She's been very loving, always coming up to me and saying, "I love you too Mommy" or " I miss you Mommy." Such a sweetheart. I feel bad that she can't talk and that she's behind in many areas because of it, but we're working with her and hopefully by the time she starts school she'll be at least caught up.

Hannah still loves to dress up and she's always coming up in the funniest costumes. The other day she had her pink princess dress from last year (it's rather small on her now) her Minnie Mouse princess ears, and rain boats (both left foot, one Sarah's one Ben's.) She's such a goofball.

Gracie Grace
There for awhile we were worried about Gracie's speech along with Hannah's. She was speaking a lot like Hannah and wasn't progressing very well. Lately she must have decided she can talk because she's all of a sudden talking much more and much better. She also likes to be very much in charge of herself. I was playing with her the other day and in the middle of it she stopped laughing and said, "I done now Mawie (Mommy), bye" and walked away. What a nerd girl.

Gracie has been very good with baby Daniel. One morning I was changing Dan's diaper and he was not very happy. He was crying and crying and I guess Gracie didn't like it. She climbed up the changing table, started rubbing his head softly saying, "It OK Naniel, it OK." There's nothing greater than seeing your kids love each other. Now if only I could get her to keep her diaper on and get rid of the pacifier she's discovered since Dan joined the family.

Daniel Son
OK, so Daniel doesn't do a whole lot of funny things, but he is really cute. He's getting so big so quickly. I'm not liking it all that much. He's begun smiling, mostly only to me which Kenny thinks is mildly unfair, and he'll even coo at me when he's happy. The thing with Daniel is he sleeps A LOT. I figure it's got to be one of two things. Either he's a genius and needs extra sleep for his brilliant mind or he knows he's number 5 and Mom can really use the extra break I get when he sleeps. Maybe it's both. :) Whatever the reason, he's a good baby and we're just enjoying having him around.

1 comment:

Justin and Coralie said...

I love it. :) They're cute kids!