Monday, September 7, 2009

School Begins

YAY! We get to go to school!

School started on August 24th and my kids were so excited to go. This year Sarah Kate is in 2nd grade and Ben gets to start Kindergarten. Thankfully we kept ourselves busy the week before school started by going to Grandma and Grandpa Gass' house and then going huckleberry picking at my in-laws in Grace over the weekend. I think if we hadn't been so busy they would have driven me crazy with their excitement.

I think this year is going to be a wonderful school year. Sarah has 2 of her best friends in her class. Carina (a girl in our neighborhood) and Clarissa (a new girl who moved into our ward about 2 months ago) are both in her class and the three of them are so great together. Ben has 2 kids from our neighborhood in his class and he's quickly making friends. Both of their teachers seem wonderful - Mrs. Melander for Sarah and Mrs. England for Ben - which can make or break a school year.

My cute kids waiting for the bus.


The first day of school went very smoothly. The kids had no problems getting up and they were ready to go about 5 minutes before the bus came. I took them outside and took a few pictures of them. Ben was SOOOOO excited for his first bus ride and when the bus drove back around he was waving out the window with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Mom, where is it?"

Catching the bus.

The kids really wanted to ride the bus, but I wanted to be at the school to make sure they made it to class and to see them off. I decided to let them ride the bus and then I followed a little later to meet them at school. I arrived at the school just as the bell was ringing (the line to get to the school was huge and it took me forever to get there.) I stood outside Ben's classroom with him while he waited for the teacher to let him in. After he went in his class I walked to Sarah's class to take a picture of her. She was already doing school work and was so excited to be doing so.

Ben being a goofball while he was waiting to go into his classroom.


Sarah doing her worksheet.

I can't believe I now have 2 kids in school. They are all getting so big and it's going by so quickly. I'm excited for what's to come, but I'm not sure I want it to come so fast. I guess I don't have a choice. I'm just glad they're enjoying their childhood and that they enjoyed they're first day of school.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

They look so cute with their backpacks, waiting for the bus! Time must go by quickly...I can't imagine sending Lainey off to school. But I'm sure that day will come soon enough!

I hope you guys are doing well.

MadMadameMim said...

They look so grown up! We started last week also, it's bitter sweet.