Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Resolutions

OK! So I've decide to try the whole New Year Resolution thing this year. I've never done it in the past because I'm smart enough to know I won't follow through, but I need to make a lot of changes so I thought the New Year would be a great place to start.

Here goes!

First, Lose Weight! I know what you're thinking, BORING! True, almost everyone has this exact resolution, but don't forget I did just have a baby and I definitely do have extra weight to loose. I also have a motivator. If you ever want to loose weight for the new year just plan a family cruise in late April with a bunch of skinny new mom's. That's enough motivation for anyone.

Second, Better My Gospel Knowledge! This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but just haven't. I'm going to study the scriptures, say my prayers like I should, and I want to read the Ensign start to finish every month. Then there's temple attendance, Family Home Evening, and actually preparing my lesson before the Saturday Night before I teach.

Third, Take Care of Myself! As a mother of four (five if you count the big guy) I've noticed I don't take care of myself anymore. I think that needs to change. I'm not expecting much, just maybe doing my hair one or two days a week (a ponytail does not count), putting lotion on, getting sleep, you know silly things like that. Hopefully it will help me with my Fourth resolution.

Fourth, Be a Better Mom! I wouldn't consider myself a bad mom, but there is definitely room for improvement. Less yelling, less stress, more listening, and more time spent teaching and playing with my kids. They're growing up so fast. I don't want to miss a thing.

Fourth, Keep my House Clean! This one is a dream, but I am going to try to do a better job. When my dad came out in November he asked me how I keep my house clean. I gave him a simple answer, "I don't." The kids are learning to help a little more so hopefully it'll stay cleaner.

No comments: