Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year's

Yeah! It's 2008. I bought a new calendar a few days ago and was showing it to Kenny when Sarah Kate saw it and asked why it said 2008. I explained to her that it was almost new years and that meant that soon it would be 2008 instead of 2007. Her reply, "But I LOVE 2007. I don't want it to be 2008." (You have to make sure and get the whine in there, it's not the same without the whine.) To that I replied, "Well, you'll like 2008 as well, I promise. You get to turn 6 in 2008." That changed everything, "I LOVE 2008" (with quite a bit of jumping up and down.)

I can't believe my little one is going to be 6 this year. Where has the time gone. I got her up for school this morning and carried her into my room so as not to wake up Ben. My goodness, she's heavy. I looked at Gracie in her bed and realized Sarah Kate used to be that small. I feel so old.

Our New Year's was wonderful. We spent New Year's Eve with friends having dinner and playing games. (Here's a tip. If you're ever near a 5 Guys restaurant, go. They make great hamburgers and wonderful fries.) Gulicks, our friends, got a new princess movie for Christmas so the kids were entertained for almost 2 hours straight. It was wonderful. We were able to play games and talk like normal adults. We made it all the way until 11:00 before we couldn't handle the kids any longer and called it quits. First we lit sparklers, yes at 11:00 instead for 12:00 and then came home and put the kids to bed.

New Year's Day was a day of doing nothing. Around 4:30 we finally ventured out of the house and went to Walmart to use the kids gift cards they got from Grandma. Sarah Kate got Barbie stuff and Ben got Star Wars figures. We were interrupted by a call from Kenny's cousin who was in town from Idaho and wanted to have dinner. It was a great interruption and we had dinner with them at Bob Evans (another eastern restaurant, I think).

It was a great way to start the new year. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that a wonderful 2008 will follow.

I don't have any New Year's pictures to share, but here are some painting pictures. We love to paint!
Sarah Kate got wooden butterflies from Santa. She painted them so pretty.


Ben enjoys mixing colors to make aqua marine.





Yes, Hannah has colored teeth, again. :)

No comments: