Friday, January 18, 2008

Everyone Loves Gracie


Gracie is getting big and more interactive. That makes her fun for the kids. They love to make her laugh, smile, talk, or just stare at them. It's a lot of fun to watch, especially Ben and Sarah. They jump up and down, make silly faces, sing silly made-up songs, and other goofy things in front of Gracie just to get a reaction. Most of the time she looks at them like they're insane, but they get a reaction and that all they want. Luckily Gracie loves the kids. If she's ever crying I can usually get one of the kids to talk to her or play in front of her and she calms down.




Hannah has decided she's big enough to hold Gracie and loves to do so. Her favorite is to carry Grace from one parent to the other. This requires help from the first parent. Luckily she's never tried to do it on her own.


Ben is a very loving big brother. He loves to lay with Gracie, give her hugs and kisses, and talk baby talk to her. I would have to say he's the most successful at getting her to smile, but really, who couldn't smile at BenBen.


Sarah Kate is still the little mom. According to her, "Gracie likes me the most Mom. She even likes me more than you." As I said before Sarah is a great help, most of the time. She gets me burp cloths, diapers, wipes, clothes, and anything else I might need. It's wonderful to have her.


Last week I went to Sarah's school for lunch. She'd been asking if I would since before the Christmas break so I finally got a babysitter and went. She wanted me to bring Gracie so she could show her friends her baby sister. The kids all loved her and they all wanted to touch her face. It got a little overwhelming when 20+ kids were trying to touch her face at the same time, but she loved the attention and was all smiles. Next it's Ben's turn. I think he'll love going to the school for lunch and Sarah will enjoy having him there. I'll have to report on that next week.

2 comments:

Samm and David said...

I still cant believe you have 4 kids. I love the picture of Hannah. She has the cutest grin!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm like to make sarah kate a mom but I want to practice with her LOTS first