Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"I'm never running again until I'm 10!"

The first day back to school I got Sarah Kate up and took her into my room to get dressed so as not to wake Ben. I successfully got her dressed, fed, and hair done without waking any of the other kids. It was wonderful! On the way to the bus stop she decided it would be fun to race. In her words, "First one to the bus stop gets a rotten egg." (She still doesn't believe me when I tell her that you don't want the rotten egg. Oh well! It's cute.) She took off running and after about 3 steps she tripped and skidded across the ground. I immediately ran to her and tried to help her up. Amid tears she said, "I'm never running again until I'm 10!" She's a bit of a drama queen and really wimpy when she gets hurt or thinks she got hurt that at first I didn't think much of her crying. Then I looked at her pants and saw a big o'l hole. Under that bid o'l hole was a big o'l bloody knee. So, as the bus was driving up, I picked her up and carried her home.

Sarah's owie 2 mornings later!

When we got home Ben and Hannah were just waking up and they were very interested in Sarah's cut. She cried and cried and told me she couldn't straighten her leg. To her credit it was a large owie and I'm sure it hurt quite badly. It took her about 10 or 15 minutes before she could straighten her leg. During this time I got the other kids dressed and hair done to take Sarah Kate to school.

Now, when I walk into a room with all my kids I'm very noticeable, but when I walk into a room that is having a moment of silence, I'm even that much more noticeable. Such is the case when we got to the school. I'm not sure what the moment of silence was for, but I do know that when we walked in everyone was very quite except Gracie who took the opportunity to show her cute baby sounds and Hannah who showed everyone her not so cute grunts. Then of course Ben had to ask, really loudly, "Why is no one talking?" It was not the most successful moment of silence. There is never a dull moment with my kids.

Oh! For all those who were worried, on the way home from the bus stop, Sarah Kate raced me again. This time there was no falling. I thought for sure she'd never run again until she was 10! :)

1 comment:

jimbo said...

Poor baby. She's a cutie even with a big owie