Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ice Sledding the Driveway


After coloring the windows (see next blog), eating lunch, and putting Dan and Adam down for a nap, I decided it was time to go scrape the driveway. Why, I don't know. We live in Idaho Falls were the wind blows a lot in the winter and it was blowing snow sideways. I guess I figured I'd get a jump start on the scraping, hope the wind didn't blow the snow over my nicely scraped driveway, and allow the kids to play outside while I worked. The wind did not blow the snow over the driveway (at least not that day, over the next few days it filled in my scraped driveway very nicely) but I quickly discovered that the rain we got earlier in the morning had frozen and left the driveway a nice sheet of ice. Not the best for scrapping, but great for ice sledding.

Ben taking a turn down the driveway while Hannah helped Gracie up.

Gracie was sliding everywhere and just couldn't get her boats to stick to the driveway. Hannah was such a great big sister to her and helped her up the hill and went down with her almost every time. I was so impressed with the care she took of Gracie, I'm sure Gracie loved it as well.

Sarah started out spending some time in the backyard trying to make snow angels and eating the snow. Sounds like something I would have done as a kid.

Hannah enjoying a rare solo ride.

Gracie just after making her first solo ride. Yes, she's laughing in this picture.

Eventually Sarah came to the front and decided to join in on the sledding fun. What crazy kids I have.

1 comment:

premier paving said...

Awesome, looks like you had bags of fun...its snowing hard here in the uk
driveways essex