Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Decorating

The early snowfall this year really put me in the Christmas spirit. I so badly wanted to decorate the house before Thanksgiving, but I was very patient (really I was too lazy to get them out) and waited until the day after Thanksgiving to bring out the decorations. Friday morning I hauled all the bins upstairs, opened them up, and the kids went crazy. Next year I'll have to be more organized and keep the kids from pulling everything out at once. They had a lot of fun, but it added hours to my work. I don't mind too much. I remember every December when we brought out the Christmas decorations. It was such a magical time. All those ornaments, pictures, and ceramics that were only seen once a year. It was almost as fun as Christmas morning (almost.) I hope my kids have fond memories of decorating for Christmas like I do. We don't have may Christmas decorations, but they bring Christmas cheer to our house and I'm excited to collect more as the years go on.

Hannah and Grace playing with the nativity set and the Santa door hanger.

Mr. Froggy who sings Jingle Bells. We got this from my in-laws a few years ago and the kids LOVE it. Dan absolutely loves it and is constantly bringing it to me and making me push the button.

I've always wanted a fireplace to hang our stocking from. We have one this
year, but it's not big enough to hang all 8 stockings. It looks great with 6
stockings so we decided to only hand the kids stockings from the
fireplace. Sure is a lot of stockings.

The stockings are still lacking features I want to add like names and maybe trim around the top, but they'll do for now. First I have to get Daniel's made for this year and Adam's made for next year. For now they're using the My First Christmas stockings that have gone through all the kids.

Our 'Little People' Nativity set. This was a gift from my Mom and I absolutely love it. I put it down low so the kids can play with it and they're constantly pulling it out and reenacting the birth of Jesus. It's so cute and I love that it's not breakable.

Mr. Christmas Tree! This is another favorite in our house. It's almost always the first thing out of the bin.

No comments: