Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Singing At The School

The kids had another Christmas program this year. Last year the program was held at night, but this year the program was during school hours. Both kids were excited to sing their songs and they practiced at home for over a week. I loved hearing them sing, 'Must Be Santa' and 'Jingle Bells' to themselves while playing. Last year, the week before Sarah's Christmas program we had lent our video camera battery to my in-laws and by the time I remembered I didn't have time to charge a different battery. I was so sad I didn't get to film her and I vowed to do better next year. Surprise, it's "next year" and I did even worse. I didn't charge the video camera battery and we only had about 8 shot on the still camera which meant I didn't even get a picture of Sarah. Oh Well! The program was cute and I loved watching my kids sing.

Ben and the rest of the am Kindergartners singing 'Have a Holly Jolly Christmas' with Ms. England (his teacher) leading.

Ben playing the bells and singing 'Jingle Bells.' The 2 girls next to him are in our ward and in his kindergarten class. Haley Bigler in brown and our neighbor Aubrey Andrus in green.

When Ben got home from school I told him what a great job he did and said "Buddy, you didn't tell me you got to play the bells." He said, "That's because I didn't know mom!" Silly me! Only 4 kids got to play the bells during Jingle Bells and they didn't decided do use the bells until that morning. He did a good job especially because he hadn't practiced.

We had excellent seats on the side of the gym right by where Sarah Kate's class sat. Behind Sarah class was a 3rd grade class with two of our neighbor girls/Sarah's friends in it. Hannah and Gracie had a great time sitting on their laps during the program and the bigger girls thought it was cool to have little girls sit with them.

Gracie on Jenna's lap and Hannah on a friends lap. Abbey,our other neighbor, is in the red.

The picture of the girls was my last shot before the battery in the camera died. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't get any pictures of Sarah Kate, but she sang 'Must Be Santa' and did a great job. NEXT YEAR I'LL DO BETTER!!!!!

No comments: