Tuesday, April 29, 2014

No More Tubes

Beautiful Hannah ready to get her tubes out.
Hannah's ears have been hurting her for a few months and when I took her into the doctor last fall he told me her tubes had fallen out and that we should wait until January and see how she was doing. Well, January came and she still wasn't feeling the best so I took her back in. She had an ear infection and the doctor told us to see an ENT to see Hannah needed to get her tubes in.  When we got to the ENT he discovered that the tubes were in fact still in her ears, just hidden. One was blocked and the other wasn't doing anything any more. This made a lot of sense to me because I remembered when she got them in her ENT in Idaho Falls said they were permanent and would need to be surgically taken out.

Anyway, it was determined that we would take her to Primary Children's Hospital and have the tubes, that aren't doing anything anyway, out. Hannah was so excited to get them out, to no longer be in pain, and to be able to swim without them hurting. On Feburary 11th, my mom and Aunt Cindy came down to watch the little kids and I took Hannah to the hospital to get her tubes out. The doctor made it sound like it was going to take a long time, but she was in and out in a few hours. I took her home and she was even able to go to lunch with grandma, Aunt Cindy, and the other kids. It was a good day and she was very brave and very cute.

How in the world did this silly girl get so big.

No comments: