Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Christmas Day

Christmas was anything but fun for me this year. Just before bed I started to feel sick and ended up spending most of the evening in the bathroom. It didn't get any better as morning approached and the kids started getting up. Not only was I not feeling well, but poor Dan was having issues also. He had nasty runs and was going through pull-ups really quickly. The poor kid couldn't even make it up the stairs to see what Santa brought. I came upstairs to watch the kids and Kenny stayed downstairs to help Daniel. It wasn't what we wanted for Christmas, but it was what it was. Dan was finally able to make it upstairs after a few minutes and he managed to feel better for most of the day. I was so glad he was able to play with his toys. I didn't last nearly as long and just after Daniel came upstairs I had to go back to the bathroom followed my many hours of sleeping. I pretty much slept through Christmas which wasn't fun, but it was much better than being awake and sick. Luckily while I was asleep Kenny took some pictures so I could see the fun the kids had.

The kids trying not to look as they walked in. We were so late coming up due to
sickness and when we did come up we just let the kids come all at once. It wasn't
tradition, but under the circumstances it worked.
Hannah excited to see all her new toys.
Ben liked his helicopter and Nerf gun.
Gracie's new snow set.
Hannah's Figit dog.
Sarah with her Furby Boom.
Dan finally made it upstairs. (Notice the mis-matched, non Christmas Jammies)
Gracie showing off the half eaten Santa cookies.
The kids playing with and exploring their new toys.
Daniel finally feeling good enough to play with his new toys.
Sarah and Alli really enjoyed playing with Alli's new Barbies.
Goofy Adam. I love his static hair.
The kids really enjoyed the tube in all different ways.
Gracie relaxing.
Fort style was a huge hit.

No comments: