Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving FHE

The kids busy working on their turkeys.
Gracie coloring her turkey.
Dan showing off his turkey parts.
I decided to try and be a good mom this year for Thanksgiving and I planned a cute Thanksgiving Family Home Evening. Like everything in my life, I didn't leave enough time and we were rushed, but we still managed to get it all done. We started out with the normal FHE stuff and then had a lesson on the first Thanksgiving. We read a book and talked about all the Pilgrims went through and how the Indians helped them. We talked about what this has to do with being thankful and then we talked about all that we're thankful for. Afterwards, we headed upstairs to make our Thankful Turkeys. This took a long time and included more whining from the kids and more work for me than I would have liked, but in the end the kids all managed to make their turkey. They each insisted on their own individual picture with their turkey because they enjoyed them so much. Oh, I made pumpkin bread as our snack. See I can have some good mom moments.  :)

Adam and his Thankful Turkey

Sarah took her coloring very seriously and her turkey turned out great.

Ben's turkey.

Gracie and her finished turkey.
Dan and his Thankful Turkey
Hannah was very proud of her turkey.
Adam enjoying some pumpkin bread.

No comments: