Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scissors Are ONLY For Cutting Paper!

I've felt very fortunate over the years because my kids have been so good with art supplies. Sarah drew a little on the walls with a crayon once, but once was enough and she learn quickly not to do it again. Gracie has also taken a marker to the wall, but only once and hopefully never again. We've been lucky with scissors as well. Sarah never cut her hair or anyone else's, I think she was scared to. Ben did cut a little of his bangs last year, but nothing bad at all and after a talking to, he knows not to do it again. Well, my good streak ended on Tuesday when I was cleaning the basement and Hannah and Gracie got a hold of the scissors.

Some of their missing hair. Hannah's is on top and Gracie's is on bottom.

Now, I have to start by saying that it could have been worse, much worse. I acknowledge that I got off easy, but I still wasn't pleased about it. Both girls cut their own hair and Gracie cut both pant legs. What stinkers! Here are some before and after pictures, or just after pictures.

Gracie showing off some of her cut hair.

Gracie cut more hair than is in her bag, but this was in a bunch and easy to collect so it's all I kept. I still haven't found on her head where the hair came from. It's definitely hers and not Hannah's, but we can't find the missing spot on her head. She's always had such uneven hair that whatever she did must have just blended in with the rest of it. Lucky for her and lucky for us. She did however, take the scissors to her pant legs.

They were my favorite pants of hers. Hannah went through them and I was so excited to pass them on to Gracie. I actually still make her wear them around because they're great pants and because we don't have the money to replace them. Besides when she's standing you don't really notice them.

Here she is hugging her legs with her cut hair in her hand. You can see the skin from her legs poking through.

Hannah cut a little bit more hair and we could DEFINITELY tell where it came from. Here she is proudly displaying it.

And this is what she did. Not my favorite, but as I said, I acknowledge it could have been much worse.

I tried to even out the cut and give her a swoop bang kind of look. When I was getting ready to cut it she asked if I could cut all of her hair, so I did. Now she's back to short haired Hannah with some, kind of, swoop bangs and a very cute tongue.

And here's her smile for the camera look. Nice!

I was pretty proud of myself because I didn't loose my cool when I discovered what they had done. They both got in huge trouble, but I was calm and didn't just yell and scream at them like I wanted to. They were both sent to naps without lunch and were told they would not be painting when Ben and Sarah got home from school like they were going to. This was devastating and I think it affected them more then our talk about why we don't cut hair. I think they learned a less (I really hope) and I doubt they'll be doing it again.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Ha, ha! That's hilarious! :) We haven't had any "haircut" incidents for quite a while...and I like it that way. :) I love Hannah's new cut, by the way...